You can view pictures from our day here.
A reflection from Peg Carver of Seattle:
Being outside the U.S. always makes you feel the world is smaller than you thought before – you see familiar restaurants or food brands in the grocery store. But being outside the U.S. in areas covered by the cloak of poverty, – and meeting the people who live, love and raise families there – makes our own global connections very personal. We all have a personal responsibility to help each other, whether they are next door or halfway around the world. Heifer makes that happen.
We saw the change Heifer can make in individual lives. But much more, we saw the change Heifer can make in a community. Systematic change – that's the objective. And Heifer is the vehicle.
Tonight half of our group went to a concert, and the other half (me included) went out for a low key night of incredible Armenian pizza and ice cream and then rest and packing. It has been an incredible journey. We all leave Armenia with our hearts bigger, minds wider and commitment stronger.
Now we get to come home to you! The next you hear of our Armenian Journey, it'll be from one of our group once we've arrived back on American soil. Wish us the safest of travels, and we'll be home soon.
As I type this, I've noticed a red light coming through my window, which faces toward the city and Mount Ararat. I went to the window and took this picture of a beautiful sunset. It's the first I've seen in Armenia. I hope it's not the last.
Peg, the cross at the bottom of your photo is actually a construction crane--helping to rebuild a city and country that endures and moves on. So fitting and so beautiful. May be the final picture for my presentation!!!
ReplyDeleteTom